Thursday, November 29, 2012

Why Make a Blog About Single Parent Adoption?

My whole purpose for creating this blog is to make it known that, although not illegal in most states, when single people try to adopt they have a harder time trying to do so because of there martial status.  I feel that this discrimination is stemming from the long thought stigma of single parenting being a bad thing.  I'm looking at aiming this blog towards people who are trying to adopt while single or people who have adopted while single.  With this blog I hope to bring the people who are trying to adopt single together to help support each other, offer suggestions, or just to tell their single adoption story.  I feel that if more people see that this is a problem in today's society and they get together then maybe peoples minds can be changed.  Thoughts? Concerns? Opinions? or Questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment